My reason behind this post is to make you aware that the key to a great minimal and organised wardrobe is having a few key pieces that are versatile and are going to last you season after season and won't date. Keeping this principle in mind will allow you to shop accordingly, how is this piece going to function in my everyday life and how is it going to work with my existing wardrobe and last me years to come?
Now is the perfect time to let go of any items you no longer wear and de clutter for the New Year!
THE SHIRT DRESS
The shirt dress is a wardrobe staple that will take you through day to night with ease. It is not only versatile but is also trans seasonal and is just as perfect as a summer throw on but also as a dress you can layer over leggings and under a biker jacket or coat during winter. This wardrobe item has so many uses that you will find this one item can replace up to 10 items in your wardrobe. You also don't have to go out and buy a new shirt dress, you can simply use an old long over sized shirt you may have lying around and use it as a dress.
1. The shirt dress can be worn casually to the beach or out shopping or running errands.
2. It is the perfect travel piece, it is not only light and easy to pack but you can easily throw it on over your swimwear on your next tropical holiday.
3. You can easily change your look by accessorising, try a pair of sneakers for day or a sandal and a straw hat for a day at the beach, pair the dress back with a statement neckpiece and black strappy open toe heels for a chic but relaxed evening look.
4. It is a great layering piece over/under any outfit, simply add a bodice over the top or throw it over a pair of black leather leggings and some boots.
5. It's comfortable so you are going to wear it again and again therefore making some items in your wardrobe obsolete, time to cull those pieces you are no longer wearing!
6. Your boyfriend's old white shirt can double up as a shirt dress and if you're tall and it's too short simply wear it around the house or for a day out at the beach and pair some denim shorts underneath.